Drama Club collects donations for annual Trick or Treat so Kids Can Eat

Photo by: Lane Phifer

Drama Club participates in a an annual event called Trick or Treat So Kids Can Eat to . collect community food donations for Wesley House.

Story by Lane Phifer, Multimedia Editor

Since 2003, the PHS Drama Club has participated in “Trick or Treat so Kids Can Eat,” a community service initiative where thespian students collect non-perishable food items to donate to the Wesley House.

“By doing TOT-Kids, we hope to help our community because they help us so much,” junior Emma Noonoo said. “They funded our trips to internationals and they all come to support us so we really wanted to give back to them as much as we can.”

By doing TOT-Kids, we hope to help our community because they help us so much.

— Emma Noonoo

In the spirit of Halloween, Drama Club students wear costumes when picking up and delivering the donations.

“I love being able to dress up in fun costumes and run around town,” junior Xavier Huffman said. “But it also gives me a sense of meaning whenever I do it because it makes me feel like I’m doing something greater than myself by helping other people in the community.”

For those interested in contributing, the Wesley House takes year-round donations. 

“All of the things that we bring in goes straight to the Wesley House,” senior McKenna Shaw said. “It’s important to give back to those that are less fortunate than us and with TOTS-Kids, we’re able to contribute to our community in the best way possible.”