Student Media of Pittsburg High School

Culbertson shows off her thrifted yellow and gray striped t-shirt. Photo by McKenna Hodges

Taylor Culbertson

I have been thrifting since I was really young. Thrifting and garage saling was a thing I did with my grandma. I’ve always had to have to hand-me-downs. Thrifting was my “expensive” shopping instead of just getting hand me downs from my cousins. I love it so much. Now I thrift so much that it’s become a problem. When I go thrifting it’s a way to reminisce [my grandmother and I’s] time together. I love [vintage] clothes and you can find some really different things there. I don’t have a preference [of certain clothing to shop for] if I like it, I get it. I have skirts that are way too big for me, but I [alter it to fit me]. I love [that it’s become a trend]. It’s a great way to save money. If you find something at the store that you really like, you can wait just a little bit and find it so much cheaper at the thrift store, especially at goodwill. One of the things that I want to do when I have more free time, is thrift flipping. I would like to take clothes from the thrift store, make them my own [by altering it], and then selling it. I have a shed by my house and once everything gets cleared out of it, I want to put all my clothes in it and make it like a mini thrift store. Even if you go to the thrift store and it’s not your size, you can still find a way to make it work. I never pass up a big sweater. There’s always a small chance that it will be the greatest outfit in your wardrobe. Be open-minded about thrifting.

Pitt Media • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

error:
Donate to Pitt Media
$0
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

The Booster Redux intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. The Booster Redux does not allow anonymous comments, and the Booster Redux requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.
All Pitt Media Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest