Student Media of Pittsburg High School

Pitt Media

Student Media of Pittsburg High School

Pitt Media

Student Media of Pittsburg High School

Pitt Media

On to bigger things
Changing up the playing surface

Changing up the playing surface

April 22, 2024

For the 2024 season, the softball field at PHS has been redone and is now turf.  “We’ve...

AI comes to the classroom

April 22, 2024

A new policy regarding artificial intelligence has been implemented for the...

Adding a modern touch

Adding a modern touch

December 11, 2023

Recently, Pittsburg Community Middle School had a few updates made to the front...

New role

Two teachers become a part of the administration staff

Two new assistant principals have joined the Pittsburg High School administration staff this year; Trevor Elliot and Kris Crotts. 

Elliot has been teaching in the Pittsburg school district for 11 years and has coached for 15 years. Crotts has been teaching in the school district for six years. 

“I wanted to apply to this position because of how important PHS has been in my life, both as a teacher and a student,” Elliot said. “The opportunity to be an administrator here to help students, staff, and the community was something I was excited to be a part of.” 

After being a math teacher, Crotts was ready for a new challenge. 

“I think I can help take what’s already a great place and make it even better,” Crotts said. “I really like our admin team and our staff and our teachers here. I want to do what I can to serve PHS; the students and the staff.” 

As director or lead teacher of PASS Academy, Elliot has had experience with some administrative roles; something he enjoyed and wanted more of. 

“This has been something I have been working towards for quite some time,” Elliot said. “I have been a part of this school either as a student, coach, or teacher for twenty of the past twenty-one years and I am very excited for this new opportunity.” 

Both Elliot and Crotts are ready for the new change and are looking forward to the challenge. 

“I’m looking forward to stepping in to help out in some areas that I feel like I could help, but also in some areas that can grow and get better,” Crotts said. “It’s going to be more challenging and it’s going to be tough, but it’s also going to be rewarding and it’s going to be fun as well.”

Elliot and Crotts both have plans for the school, but they ultimately just want to enhance the school in any way they see fit. 

“I want PHS to be the best possible place a student would want to be for education, activities, and preparation for life outside of school,” Elliot said. “I also want it to be a place where teachers are excited to be a part of and a place that the community can be proud of everyday.”