Student Media of Pittsburg High School
Mona+Estes

Photo by: Lane Phifer

Mona Estes

It feels liberating [to be out of the closet] and it feels better knowing that I can be the person that helps others come to if they’re having trouble getting out of the closet. I knew I was bisexual at the age of 12, almost 13, after realizing that I was developing feelings for a friend of mine. I came out to my friends by coming to school with the girl I was dating at the time and explained to them they I prefer both boys and girls. They were of course very supportive, however, my Mom wasn’t. She didn’t want me to talk about it, but after a lot of time and understanding, she became supportive of my sexuality. I was tired of hiding and being mean to people, even my close friends, that were proud of their sexuality because I was so insecure of my own. I was just tired of hating myself and being mean to others. If I could talk to my closeted self, I’d tell myself that coming out isn’t as scary at I made it out to seem and that as long as I’m happy, that’s whats important. If you yourself are questioning whether you should come out of the closet or not, determine whether you would be in a safe situation or not.

Pitt Media • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

error:
Donate to Pitt Media
$0
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

The Booster Redux intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. The Booster Redux does not allow anonymous comments, and the Booster Redux requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.
All Pitt Media Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest