Student Media of Pittsburg High School
Lance+King

Photo by: Lane Phifer

Lance King

It honestly feels amazing to be out of the closet. When I was hidden, I had so much repressed emotions that hurt me a lot mentally and after a certain point, I physically couldn’t stand it anymore. I’ve known that I’m a boy since I was 12, almost 13. Before I came out, I did as much research as possible to make sure that this is 100% me. When I came out of my dad, he was very unaccepting and decided to show me the surgeries to prove his claims, but that only made me more interested. A few years later, I decided to come out to my Mom and she was extremely accepting. She offered to buy me my first chest binder, she asked what I wanted my name to be, and even suggested that I talk to my uncle AJ (who’s also trans) in order to help me in the long run. Having that support and experience was something that truly helped me and I wish more kids in the LGBT+ community had that. Because of all the support I have, I was able to be put on hormone therapy over a year ago. Being able to be on testosterone was something I wanted to do since I came out and at the end of the day, it truly saved my life. If I could talk to my closeted self, I’d reassure him everytime he was misgendered or felt dysphoric and praise him when he felt euphoric. However, at the end of the day, all I can truly say is that it gets better, I get bullied because of my transition, but despite the negativity, having the support that I have proves that things get better.

Pitt Media • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

error:
Donate to Pitt Media
$0
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

The Booster Redux intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. The Booster Redux does not allow anonymous comments, and the Booster Redux requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.
All Pitt Media Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest