Student Media of Pittsburg High School
Kali Poenitske

Kali Poenitske

If I hadn’t signed up for newspaper three and a half years ago, my high school career would have been completely different. I might have gotten more sleep, had more free time and I might have been less stressed. However, I would not trade my time in Student Publications for anything else. When I first walked through the door of room 604, I wasn’t sure what to think. Smith was on maternity leave, it seemed like everyone was already super close, and I didn’t think I’d fit in. I was fairly quiet for my first semester in class, but I eventually became more outgoing and showed my sarcastic side… maybe even too much sometimes. I also became friends with people I would not have had the chance to meet otherwise. I want to thank all of the nerds who impacted my time in newspaper. I would especially like to thank Smith for always supporting me, pushing me to step outside of my comfort zone and for laughing at my sarcastic comments. Being a part of newspaper changed my high school experience in an amazing way that I never would have imagined. I will never forget the time spent and the memories made in room 604.

Kali Poenitske is an editor-in-chief of the Booster Redux. She has been on newspaper staff for three and a half years.

Pitt Media • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

error:
Donate to Pitt Media
$0
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

The Booster Redux intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. The Booster Redux does not allow anonymous comments, and the Booster Redux requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.
All Pitt Media Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest