District considers prospective assistant superintendent

The+USD+250+Board+of+Education+will+meet+to+approve+Dr.+Brad+Hanson+as+the+districts+new+assistant+superintendent+on+May+14.++

The USD 250 Board of Education will meet to approve Dr. Brad Hanson as the district’s new assistant superintendent on May 14.

Story by Journey Jaramillo, Managing Editor

After serving six years as the superintendent of the Monett School District, 1981 PHS graduate Brad Hanson will become assistant superintendent for USD 250.

“Having grown up in Pittsburg and having family living in the area, I have continued to keep up with Pittsburg Schools,” Hanson said. “I owe a lot to Pittsburg Schools for my formative education, and I am looking forward to giving back to the school and community.”

The hire will not be officially approved until May 14, when the Board of Education meets to finalize the hire and contract. Upon approval, Hanson’s contract will begin July 1, 2018.

Richard Proffitt, the district’s incoming superintendent, is optimistic about Hanson joining the team, according to a press release on May 1.

“We are very fortunate to have someone of Dr. Hanson’s caliber to help the district continue to move forward in a positive direction,” Proffitt said. “The skill set he brings will be very beneficial and I look forward to working with him.”

As the runner-up candidate for the superintendent position, Hanson reflects on why he may have been considered for the job.

“I hope that the Board and Mr. Proffitt saw me as a school leader who places students first and is passionate about working with administrators and teachers to discover new and improved means of impacting student learning,” Hanson said.

As he journeys back to Pittsburg, Hanson is excited to meet new and familiar faces.

“I look forward to building positive relationships with the administrative team and teachers throughout the district,” Hanson said. “I am also eager to get reacquainted with the community.”

As he takes on this new experience, Hanson hopes to meet his goal.

“My philosophy has always been to learn and improve each and every day,” Hanson said. “This will continue to be my goal as I transition to Pittsburg Community Schools.”